Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hot Dogs and French Firies...

Just kidding! Hot dogs and veggies is what we ate in my house tonight. 

Today I picked up my weekly Dreyer's Farm Fresh Box (Just the basics package).

This weeks produce includes:
Scallions, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Peaches, Rasberries, Golden Squash, Peppers, Limes, Mints, Pickles,   Spring Onions, and is week I chose the Bake Spice from Savory Spice Shop. Needless to say I am thrilled with this weeks options!

So we had some hotdogs for dinner, but the side dish was the real star. I made a Golden Squash, Potato and Onion Hash.

You will need: 
2 Golden Squash
1/2 Spring Onion 
10-12 Dutch Yellow Peewee Potatoes, or any other small roasting Potatoes
2 tsps. Olive Oil 
3 Garlic Cloves
Salt & Pepper to taste

First I chopped all the veg up, I quartered the potatoes and squash,minced the garlic, and sliced the onion.

Next, I sprayed a baking pan with some Pam Olive Oil Non-Stick Spray. 

Then, I put all the veg together, drizzled about 2 tsps. of Olive Oil, and seasoned with Salt and Pepper. 

Finally, bake it all together for about 30 minutes at 375* F.

Eat it up! It's so delicious, the potatoes browned so beautifully, the squash, onion and garlic were so sweet! It is definitely worth making again.



1 comment: