Monday, July 22, 2013

Hey Hey Sorbet!

Happy Monday! Is there such a thing?...There is if you're a teacher in July! =)

As I am so grateful that the extreme heat has gone, it's still a bit humid for me personally. So, here I am with a humid day and a Musk Melon. 


Not too long ago I found myself with great company at Babbo in the city. After some amazing pasta, some vino, and a few good belly laughs. We finished the meal with a delicious dessert, I will call it the sorbet/gelato.....EXTRAVAGANZA. Each couple shared a tasting plate filled with 7 different gelatos and sorbets. I have flashbacks of, apple sorbet, chocolate hazelnut gelato, passion fruit sorbet, and beautiful colors on the plate. While we were eating I remember stating out loud and super awkwardly, "This is so much fun!" The entire night was fun (especially after our Washington Square stroll), but in that moment I was really mostly talking about the goods. I'm sure Mr. Batali was back there creating these to order himself, and I wanted to try and re-create that dreamy sorbet. 

Come to find out, just like everything else I make, it was REALLY REALLY REALLY easy. 

For this recipe you will need: 
1 Musk Mellon (remove the seeds)
2 Cups of Chopped Strawberries
1/3 cup of Sugar or Substitute Sweetener 

First chop up that sweet, ripe, melon, do the same with the strawberries.
Next, put it all in the blender or food processor. 
Then, hit liquefy button. 
Finally, let it set in the fridge for about 3 hours. 

I poured them in to 3 smaller separate containers. 

Enjoy... 
 






Ummm... nice scarf Mario...


No comments:

Post a Comment