Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fancy Butter



                                                     


Except it is real butter Fabio....compound butter.

When I was a kid, it wasn't officially summer until Dreyer's had corn. My mother would go to her beloved Dryer's farm everyday and pick up enough corn to feed the neighborhood. My Mimi (grandmother) would come over and help me husk...because I hate husking corn. I still hate it, but today I would give ANYTHING to have one more husking session with my Mimi. 

This was way too easy NOT to make. Not only did Dreyer's give me gorgeous corn, but Savory Spice Shop gave us that awesome Paremesan Pesto spice pack. I saw the recipe in the Gazzette and had to try.

You'll need:
 4 Tbsp. of room temperature butter. 
1 Tbsp. of Parmesan Pesto
As much corn as you can eat.

Instructions: Mix first 2 ingredients. Spread it on the corn. Enjoy!

When you've completed phase 1 and phase 2, which are VERY complicated....you have a really tasty compound butter and corn that was already amazing is now unbelievably good!I feel as if someone came over for dinner and saw my homemade compound butter they would think, "Oh! How fancy! I can't believe she took the time to do that!" But really it's the easiest thing ever soooooo the joke's on them.


 Make it happen...

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment