Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Easy as Pie!


Let's talk leeks....

Pull out your pie dish! We're making dinner. 
Tonight I made a super delicious quiche with spinach and leeks.

First things first, you need to make a flakey crust. 

Crust:
1 cup of flour 
1/2 teaspoon of salt 
1/4 cup of ice water 
1/4 cup of olive oil 

Mix the dry ingredients together with a fork. Mix the wet together, pour in to the dry ingredients and press your pie crust in to your pie dish. 

I froze it for 20 minutes and then I baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes with parchment paper and another pie dish on top. Next, I took the second pie dish and parchment paper off and baked it for 10 minutes until it got to be a nice golden brown. 

While all of the freezing and baking is happening, you can make your filling. 

Leeks + Spinach Filling: 
3 large eggs 
4 oz. Heavy Cream 
1 cup of Skim Milk
2 Leeks Sliced thin
3 oz. Spinach Chopped 

First I sauteed the spinach with olive oil spray, garlic powder, salt and pepper. I let them nicely wilt and then set aside. Repeat with the leeks. 

I  beat the eggs and combined all ingredients above. 


Put it all together...

Finally the flakey crust is a golden brown and your veggie custard is ready. Next I took an italian cheese blend and covered the bottom of the pie crust with cheese, filled the pie with the filling and put some more gooey cheese on top. 

I baked it for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees. 

The hubs topped it with fresh a fresh tomato. 

Seriously tasty, seriously easy, really fresh. 



No comments:

Post a Comment